Why do people have a fever?
Fever, medically known as fever, means that the human oral temperature (mouth temperature) is higher than 37.3 ° C, the underarm temperature (腋 temperature) is higher than 37 ° C, or the rectal temper...
Fever, medically known as fever, means that the human oral temperature (mouth temperature) is higher than 37.3 ° C, the underarm temperature (腋 temperature) is higher than 37 ° C, or the rectal temperature (anal temperature) is higher than 37.6 ° C.
So how do adults measure body temperature correctly?
• Measurement conditions: Before taking body temperature, you can't eat, and you can't walk and walk, and stay indoors for more than half an hour. The body temperature measured in this way is the true body temperature.
• Measuring position: The temperature obtained by measuring the mouth temperature is more accurate in terms of the temperature difference between the temperature and the temperature.
• Measurement posture: immerse the mercury surface of the sterilized thermometer below 35 degrees, then place the head of the thermometer under the tongue, close the lips, and see how much the mercury column rises after 5 minutes.
• Measurement frequency: Since normal people may have high or low changes in body temperature at different times of the day, you can measure it a few times, or when you think the body temperature is the highest.
• Measurement record: The highest body temperature per day is the most valuable value for the condition.
Generally speaking, after measuring body temperature correctly, the highest temperature is 37.4~38°C, which is called low heat; and higher than 39°C, it is high heat.
Some people will ask, doctor, my usual body temperature is only 35.9 ° C, and now there are 36.8 ° C, is it a fever? - If the temperature difference within one day is greater than 1 ~ 1.2 ° C, it is also a fever. You still don't count.
what? Did you say that you burned above 41 °C? Oh, that is super hot. 42 ° C? The bird is just that (40 ± 2°C), I can only congratulate you on your mind. It is said that the highest body temperature recorded by humans is 49 ° C. If you can still live, thank God.
Why do people have a fever?
This has to start from the self-regulation of body temperature.
Body temperature regulation system
Human skeletal muscle and liver are the main organs of heat production, and the skin is the main radiator officer. The human brain has an individual temperature-regulating center, constantly issuing instructions to coordinate the heat production and heat dissipation of the two organs, and keeping the body temperature within a narrow range of 36.2 to 37.2 °C, which is conducive to maintaining human health:
• What should I do if I am cold? - "There is basically shaking by heating." The brain said that when you come to the skeletal muscle, it will heat up.
• What should I do if I am hot? - "When the day of the Wohe, the sweat dripped down the soil," the brain said, the skin you open the pores, if you don't have time to heat up, then sweat!
2. What caused a fever?
"How can people not get sick when they eat whole grains?" - If we eat badly, we will not be able to show it for a while, and the human body will indeed be affected by various diseases.
Viruses, bacteria, often like to drill into the human body, complete their mission of inheritance. They produce something before or after death. We call it "exogenous pyrogens", which are external "bad guys" that cause fever.
After they invade, the human body has to resist.
White blood cells produce a bunch of cytokines to attack them. Unfortunately, many of these cytokines also cause fever, called "endogenous pyrogens." Tumors and other diseases can also produce these endogenous pyrogens themselves.
After the brain is stimulated by these pyrogens, it is like a stimulant, smashed! Just raise the body temperature.
3. How does the body temperature rise?
Increased heat production and reduced heat dissipation.
• The liver is a large factory of the human body. After the stimulant is applied, the workers work overtime to add some work, the metabolism is strong, and the heat production is greatly increased;
• At this time, skeletal muscle heat production is relatively small, unless you are “snoring” (chilling);
• Then, the skin's cooling rate can't keep up, even closing the pores (it thought it was cold during the chill).
In this way, there is a fever.
Is it really a good thing to have a fever?
There are rumors on the Internet that fever is a good thing and should be allowed to send it. Is it really?
Benefits: Explain that the body is clearing pathogens
Stimulated by the heat source, the body is like a stimulant. Not only does the body temperature rise, but it also mobilizes the immune system in the body. The whole body's cells and body fluids are mobilized. The external pathogens should be mobilized. Eat and eat, the killing of the kill, can not be done also makes you grow bad (the appropriate temperature for bacterial growth is generally 35 ~ 37 ° C).
Therefore, fever is beneficial to a certain extent. It can remove the pathogens in the body without the help of external drugs, and it will be good in a short time.
The downside: fever for too long, the body is too expensive, dangerous
However, it is not always possible to let the body be in a state of fever. It is like a stimulant that has been played for a long time. It does not work for a long time. It consumes a lot of logistical supplies and produces a lot of garbage. At this time, the combat capability of the defense forces has gradually declined.
The hot time was too long, and the brain not only commanded the troops, but also snorted for a long time, and he did not do it anymore, eventually entering a state of restraining coma. The child may not be able to experience febrile seizures due to imperfect brain function. These conditions are very dangerous. You must seek medical advice promptly and seek medical help.
How to handle fever correctly?
First, we should measure the body temperature correctly and record the changes in body temperature every day, especially the highest body temperature. At the time of the visit, this record will be a good helper for the doctor.
How to properly handle fever?
Eat cold medicine
If you have just started a fever, there are symptoms such as salivation, stuffy nose, sneezing, etc., the body temperature is very high, you can use a cold medicine. It is ok to eat when you are not feeling well. Do not need to eat regularly, and do not take too much.
2. Drink more water
If it is only an acute fever (less than 2 weeks), without other symptoms (such as severe cough, sputum, headache, etc. - these are often signals that the body can't handle), the mental state is good, you can wait Look, drink more water (help the defense team work).
But it is still recommended to see a doctor early.
3. Get medical attention as soon as possible
If you have a fever for more than 3 weeks and your body temperature exceeds 38.3 °C many times, after a doctor's initial check for at least 1 week, you can't tell you what the diagnosis is. Then I can only regret to tell you that this is called "fever check."
This is a very challenging medical disease. It requires an experienced doctor to give you a symptom check (this is not the right medicine at the moment), and it may not be clear at the end. All you can do is to cooperate with the doctor.